In addition to the revenue generated by our annual Bowling for Rhinos and Sailing for Rhinos events, funds raised by other Dallas AAZK events go to support a number of other animal conservation causes.
Here are just a few of the projects we have donated to in the past:
- Donations to Coral Reef Alliance and Coral Reef Restoration Foundation (Dallas AAZK's 2017 featured conservation species).
- Donation to the Foundation for the Conservation of Salamanders for Salamander Saturday 2017.
- Donation Okapi Conservation Project in the DRC (Dallas AAZK's 2016 featured conservation species).
- Donation Bat World Sanctuary.
- Donation to local Blackland Prairie Raptor Center.
- Donation to Save Vietnam Wildlife to help support Pangolin conservation (Dallas AAZK's 2015 featured conservation species).
- Donation to the Giraffe Conservation Foundation for World Giraffe Day 2015.
- Donation to help rebuild the Nature Store at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center.
- We sponsored a camera trap through the Ruaha Carnivore Project! See some the amazing images here.
- North African ostrich conservation in Niger, through Sahara Conservation Fund.
- Trees for You and Me program, through Polar Bears International.
- Our featured project for 2013 was the Tiger Conservation Campaign.
- Helping wildlife here in the Metroplex through the DFW Wildlife Coalition.
- Donation to Wild Earth Guardians.
- We send funds for emergency relief to the New York Aquarium in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
- Supporting an iconic native species, the Texas Horned Lizard.
- We adopted a hornbill nest through the Hornbill Research Foundation.
- Donation to the Bongo Surveillance Project to help an iconic antelope species.
- Relief funds to the Okapi Conservation Project in wake of the Epulu tragedy.
- Assistance for vital scavenger species through the Cambodia Vulture Project.
- Donation to the Cheetah Conservation Fund.
- Supporting the future of veterinary medicine with Texas A&M University.
- Helping native Texas ocelots at the Laguna Atacosa National Wildlife Refuge.
- Donation to Care for Karamoja and their efforts to protect the only remaining ostriches in Uganda.
- Donation to Wildlife SOS to help rescue and care for orphaned, injured and exploited animals at their facilities.